Artist and Educator
As an artist and an educator, I have the unique ability to approach teaching from dual perspectives. My many years in the classroom, as well as many years in the practice room, have given me the experiences to make connections in learning that support all levels of learners. Teaching in and through the arts - arts integration - is a deeply trans-formative approach to teaching that opens doors to learning on multiple levels.
World premiere of Scherzando
by Dimitis Dodoras
Performed by musicians from around the world during the 2020 Covid-19 "Stay Safe" quarantine.
California State University, Long Beach
· Bachelor of Music (Flute Performance)
· Multiple Subject (Clear) Teaching Credential
American Orff-Schulwerk Association, Orange County & Las Vegas, NV
· Music Specialist training, Levels I, II, and III
· California Department of Education - Appointee to the VAPA Curriculum and Framework Committee (Jan. 2019)
· Awarded multiple Stauffer Grants to purchase instruments for music program
· Recipient of Downey Federal Credit Union Teacher Grant
· Three-time Downey P.T.A. Award Recipient (Honorary Service, Golden Oak, and Sally McFarland Award)
· Developed an elementary music program that included: creating curriculum, multilevel instruction, organizing performances, and community outreach.
· Arts Integration Specialist Certification (Level l/ 2018, Level II / 2020)
· California Preliminary Administrative Credential Examination – CPACE (content & performance)
· Downey Unified & Downey Educators’ Association Leadership Academy Program
· Technology Enhanced Arts Learning (TEAL) Coach - Los Angeles County Office of Education
· Language Development Specialist - Calif. CTC